Following God is exciting, exhilarating, challenging, and even daunting at times - yet this is what we are called to do.
Just a few weeks ago, Greg and I were able to go on vacation and visit Niagara Falls, New York city, and Boston. We had a great time and were able to see so many things that we'd never seen before.
As some of you know, Greg and I have been praying about going overseas as missionaries sometime in the future. During our vacation time, Greg and I were able to attend Candidate week with Africa Inland Mission and we were appointed. This means we are now able to begin planning to go to Africa. We're still not quite sure exactly where God will put us when we're in Africa but we're leaning toward being involved in something called TIMO (Training in Ministry Outreach) - a two year project which involves going to an unreached people group and planting a church.
However, we're still planning on attending a seminary first so that Greg will be able to have more training before we go overseas. Our next step is to choose where we should go to seminary. We visited Gordon Conwell while we were in Boston, but it seems that may not be where God wants us to go. We're planning to visit both Dallas Theological Seminary and Master's.
So... wherever God leads us, we want to follow His direction!
On the home front, the children are well and growing. They both had fun on vacation, but are glad to be home. It's nice to be able to lay them in their cribs for nap time too! Life is busy, as usual... but it's exciting to think about all God has in store for us in the future.
We'd love to hear what God is doing in your lives.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Kailoni! :P I was looking on how to add a subscription to the blog that Greg uses on the Rhodea Family website and I uncovered your blog. I suppose I can share a little about what God is doing for me. I find it very encouraging to here other peoples testimonies of God. I assume that is the same for you?
Anways, I got a actual writing testimony at http://matthewswriting.blogspot.com/2008/12/my-testimony.html. But recently I have been down here in Gregory, MI to restore my fathers relationship with God. He is doing great. He is denouncing his ways and I was blown away when my father decided to sit down and read the bible. :P I assumed it has been a very long time because he fell away for a long time.
Post a Comment